Wednesday, October 11, 2017

October - Updating an Outdated Lesson


I wanted to integrate technology into a reader's workshop lesson on inferencing to take our learning to a deeper level. For this particular lesson I read a book, then we filled out a graphic organizer show what the evidence was, their schema, and then share the inference. 

I want to include technology and my goal is to make the lesson reach the M of the SAMR scale. My thoughts on what I can do with this is to have students use a video editing app like iMovie or ShowMe to take a picture book and make inferences involving the same pieces - What is the evidence, what is the schema and then give an inference. My thoughts are that students can snap photos of the evidence and maybe voice over them reading the evidence. After that, they can video themselves sharing their schema of that action, then finally, they can type up their inference and voice over what the inference is. I think they could then present their inference to another group or to the class to get feedback on their inferences.

My commitment is to teach this lesson before the next time we meet at BOAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment